Monday, January 10, 2011

Introduction

Hello world. I'd like to try a little experiment, and I need your help.

The world, as anyone who's had any sort of human contact can attest to, can be a cruel place. People can be selfish, stepping on others' heads at just the slightest hint it would benefit them. As they say, it's a dog eat dog world out there. I, however, am inclined to disagree.

I believe that the world is how we make it. In a natural state, yes, the world is a dangerous place. The law of the land is that those most fit to survive and reproduce will pass on desirable traits to their offspring, and so it is natural for every being in existence to fight for its right to reproduce. Humanity, however, has overcome this law. We have reached a point in time where it is possible to live without constant threat of being eaten or killed. Even so, we have not yet stopped betraying each other to secure ourselves even more comfort and assets. I am interested in stopping this destructive behavior and seeing what humanity can truly accomplish.

However, I cannot do it without the help of you, my fellow human beings. I realize, of course, that you have little reason to help me as of yet. My idea is fanciful, but can one truly survive if one is as selfless as possible, leaving one's preservation in the hands of one's peers?

I have created this blog to start what I hope will be a long chain of experiments that, ideally, would have a great impact on our future. My proposition is this: I have quite a bit of time on my hands, which I like to use thinking through scenarios and solving problems. If anyone who is reading this is inclined to help with this experiment, then send an email to laucianhelpfuladvice@gmail.com describing any sort of situation that you could use a second opinion on. I will think on the matter and respond as best as I can, which will likely entail asking about the circumstances of the situation and thinking up several potential solutions. What I ask in return is whatever you feel like giving. Any advice you receive shall be given totally free, everything shall be as confidential as I can guarantee, and I only hope that if you find it helpful you would donate a small amount of money, or even just pass on a link to this blog to anyone who might be able to benefit from it. Anything received shall be invested into future experiments in helpfulness.

This blog shall consist of anything that I think might be conducive to a happy, harmonious lifestyle. If this interests you, then please pass it onto your friends and stay tuned.

Be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment